Steak and Vegetable Seasoning:
• 2 teaspoons of each: oregano, chili powder and ground cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, granulated garlic and cayenne pepper
• 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper to taste
Steak Fajita Skewers:
• 2 pounds top sirloin steak
• 1 of each: red, yellow and green bell pepper
• 1 red onion, halved
• 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
• 1/2 cup of each: packed cilantro and flat leaf parsley
• 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely chopped
• 1 clove of garlic, minced
• 1 green onion, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
• 1 lime, juiced
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
STEAK FAJITA SKEWERS:
In a small bowl whisk together the ingredients for the steak and vegetable seasoning.
In a gallon sized freezer bag place the steak cubes, 2 teaspoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mix. Seal the bag, pressing out all of the air, then massage the oil and seasoning into the steak. Let it rest for several minutes or even overnight if you want to make it ahead of time.
In a medium sized bowl or another freezer bag, add the peppers, red onion, remaining seasoning mix and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Toss to coat.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat and brush the grates with oil.
Thread 8-10 metal or (soaked) wooden skewers evenly with the steak and vegetables. Sprinkle with a little extra salt and pepper before placing them on the grill.
Grill the skewers, turning them occasionally, until grill marks appear. Approximately 7-9 minutes for medium-rare.
Serve the skewers topped with the cilantro chimichurri or alongside them for dipping.
Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and purée until smooth.
Pour into a small bowl and set aside until ready to serve. Makes 1 cup.
Serves 6. Serve with optional carb of choice or veggies!