• 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs (gluten free available)
• 1/4 cup refrigerated grated parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• Salt, to taste
• 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast filets
• Marinara or spaghetti sauce
• 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese or vegan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside. Mix together bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning in a medium sized bowl.
Beat egg in another medium sized bowl.
Place chicken in between layers of plastic wrap and pound with mallet until about 1⁄4" thick.
Dip each chicken breast in egg and then dredge in bread crumbs. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
Top each chicken breast with about 2 tablespoon marinara sauce and about 2 tablespoon cheese. Bake for about 5-10 more minutes, until cheese is melted and sauce is warmed up.
Serve with salad, spaghetti squash, or pasta. Additional carb or fat not needed but can be added based on caloric budget. Enjoy! Serves 6