• 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
• 1 lemon, zest and juice only
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 2 cups cooked quinoa (in Instant Pot or over stovetop), cooled slightly
• 25 grams or 1/4 cup walnuts toasted
• 1/3 cup parsley leaves, roughly chopped
• 1/3 cup green onion, sliced
• 1 small pomegranate, arils only
• 32 grams or 1/4 cup dried cherries or cranberries
Prepare quinoa by boiling 4 cups of water and adding quinoa. Simmer only heat covered for 15-20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together pomegranate juice, lemon zest and juice. Salt and pepper to taste. Add more oil if needed. Set aside.
In a large bowl, toss together quinoa, walnuts, parsley, green onion, pomegranate arils, and dried cranberries. Drizzle on vinaigrette to taste, and toss until well-coated. We used all of the dressing, but always err on the side of caution and pour slowly! Serve immediately. Serves 4