• 13g or 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 pounds parsnips, peeled (about 8 medium parsnips)
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
• 22g or 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (or dairy free cheese)
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
• 140g or 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt (or dairy free yogurt)
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil or parchment; set aside.
Heat oil in a small skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook 2–3 minutes. Strain garlic and set aside.
Pour oil into a medium bowl. Cut parsnips into 3 1/2-inch strips about 1/4-inch thick.
Add parsnips, salt, and pepper to bowl, tossing to coat. Spread out in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and slightly crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
Remove from baking sheet, and immediately toss with Parmesan cheese, parsley and reserved garlic.
While parsnips bake, stir together yogurt, juice, curry and cumin. Serve immediately, with the parsnips.
This needs to be paired with 10 additional grams of protein such as an egg, or 2 ounces of meat. Total Servings: 4