1 bunch romaine hearts, rinsed and separated
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
15 oz can corn drain and rinsed
1/2 cup Mexican grated cheese
1.5 lb of uncooked beef or chicken, cubed or chopped
2 Avocados diced
•1 tbsp olive oil • 2 garlic cloves, minced • 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
•1/2 tbsp ground cumin • 1/2 tbsp oregano • 1/2 tbsp chili powder • Kosher salt • Freshly cracked black pepper • 1/2 cup freshly torn cilantro, plus more for garnish • Juice of 1 lime
1. Chop up romaine lettuce, onion, red pepper and set aside.
2. In a skillet, roasting pan or air fryer prepare your protein choice.
3. Meanwhile rinse and drain corn and toss into salad (or divide into equal portions for easier and accurate measuring).
4. In a small bowl mix salad dressing ingredients and set aside.
5. Once protein is cooked divide into equal portions (4oz for woman and 6oz for men). Add corn, beans and salad mixings. Toss in dressing and top with cheese (optional).
6. Top with Avocado for healthy fat.