• 1.5 pounds ground turkey
• 2 eggs, large
• 1/2 small onion, minced
• 1 garlic clove, grated
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• Ground black pepper, to taste
• 4 pieces of bacon
• 1 head of butter lettuce
• 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
• 1 small red onion, sliced
• Ketchup and mustard
• 3 ounces cheese or vegan cheese
1. In a medium bowl, add turkey, eggs, onion, garlic, salt and pepper;
mix well with your hands. Set aside. Prepare other ingredients – it
really helps to assemble sliders faster and serve warm.
2. Cook bacon and drain fat. Divide into 14 pieces.
3. Using 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop meat mixture and form a patty
2.5-3 inch in diameter. Place in a skillet and repeat with the rest.
Cover and cook for about 4 minutes, flip over and cook uncovered
another 3-4 minutes.
4. Place all patties in a skillet, top with a slice of cheese, cover and let
cheese melt on low, about 4-5 minutes.
5. To assemble turkey sliders: Take 2 pieces of lettuce, overlap their
ends and form a pocket. Place turkey patty inside, Top with bacon, a
squirt of ketchup and mustard, tomato slice and red onion. Fold
lettuce on top and doing your best stick long wooden pick in the
middle holding all ingredients together. It helps to pull lettuce
together and “shoot” a few times.
Serving size will be based on macros for each individual. Yield
25-30 grams of protein and 30-40 carb limit. Makes 14 burgers.