• 2 1/2 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth (or 4 1/2 cups)
• 1, (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
• 1 1/4 cups finely chopped yellow onion
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tbsp chili powder
• 2 tsp ground cumin
• 3/4 tsp paprika
• 1/2 tsp ground coriander
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 1, (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
• 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
• 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• Tortilla strips or tortilla chips (or gluten free chips)
• Shredded cheddar or Monterey jack cheese (or dairy free cheese of choice)
• Diced avocado, diced roma tomatoes
• Sour cream (optional or dairy free plain yogurt)
1. Pour chicken broth and diced tomatoes into a slow cooker. Add onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken breasts then cover with lid and cook on LOW heat 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
2. Remove chicken and shred, then return to slow cooker along with black beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice, stir. Allow to cook until heated through.
3. Serve warm with tortilla strips and cheese and other optional ingredients.